Bio of B.E. Stock

BIO OF B. E. STOCK B. E. Stock has been writing poetry since the age of eight, and has lived in New York City since age 16. She studied...

Hi, all! Stock here.

I want to talk a bit about my long fiction. I have quite a bit of it, none published. A few years ago there was a fire in my apartment house. I got nervous about my notebooks, and put most of them into a room in a warehouse. I did the same after college, but you might expect a violent, unsafe environment since I was living in what as then called Hell's Kitchen in the west 50s. In quiet Bay Ridge, it was jarring. Then a couple of years ago, on my birthday, my computer crashed. I lost all my poetry and fiction, and was very grateful to have paper copies. It didn't take too long to type in the poetry. The novels were another matter. I've been proceeding in roughly chronological order, and omitting the ones I think would be interesting chiefly to myself.

I'm thinking of offering copies of  manuscripts for a small cost, then going to a small publishing company and saying, Look, I already distributed to 50 people. At least I wouldn't be like the herd!

So far I have retyped the following:

The Girl Downstairs (a holy roller convert works as a receptionist in a Roman Catholic rectory)

Sophia (arduous escape from toxic spiritual director by going to a Bible study church)

A Wretch Like Me (Rector at Bible study church runs away to the Village and gets lost in lesbian scene)

The Diary of Freddy Jones (law student runs away from God and becomes very messed up)

Jesus and Esau (Fat man follows Jesus into the desert after His baptism)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment