Bio of B.E. Stock

BIO OF B. E. STOCK B. E. Stock has been writing poetry since the age of eight, and has lived in New York City since age 16. She studied...

Hi friends!

A lot has happened since November, but some things took longer than I expected. My website is finally up, available at bestockthebard1.com. You can see the pictures from my book signing in Miami, which was really a blast. Further Collected Poems has been displayed at a whole bunch of book fairs, as well as in the Los Angeles Times holiday book section. In June, I had another book party at 440 Gallery in Park Slope, Brooklyn. It was in connection with the closing of the photo exhibit of my brother, David Stock, and I performed and sold a lot of books there.

During this time, I also got my license and bought a 2016 Toyota, which I drive to destinations in Brooklyn. I hope next year I can drive to Connecticut and the Jersey shore.

Please note that Further Collected Poems is now available in audiobook format.

Here's a poem from 2019:

DICKINSON’S EYES

O Emily, how we smeared you
Assuming some Freudian reason
For your reclusive style,
When all the while
It was blindness that neared you
In a happy youthful season.

You wrote you loved as much to see
As anyone
Under the sun
They took you to a man in Boston
Your talent was all lost on,
And your stunning literacy.

One sole hour a day to read
And write he doomed you to
Your bread you paid
As cook and maid,
Then in letters scattered passion seed,
Including to an unknown Who.

No crime by that filial heart
Could merit such a shocking blow
From father stern
And sweet in turn
And so to Heaven you sent your dart

From regions here below.

+

Love, Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment