Bio of B.E. Stock

BIO OF B. E. STOCK B. E. Stock has been writing poetry since the age of eight, and has lived in New York City since age 16. She studied...

Here are samples from my chapbook 16 Poems, which is 20 pages long.

The sun may go around the earth
The earth around the sun
But I will always be around
To love my pretty one

To love my pretty ugly one
My baby monster dear
And I will always sing her song
And beg you for a tear...


+

...I lifted
The shade gently as a veil
From the foul city night
And looked into a street
Full of devastated windows.
Brother Night, give me the news.
Where are you? What are they doing to you?...

+

He'll tell you love is stupid
A waste of precious time
And only work is sacred
And only play sublime

But once you really touch him
You'll know why he pretends...


And Soliloquies, which is 12 pages.

I walk down a sunset side street
Faded curtains on the upper floors
I catch the sound of the Voice of Heaven
...I know it's a hard hard road
Look away from the hatred the ugliness...
When I wrote this song I was starving
No one gave me a penny or a flower
I was sick in bed with a headache
Didn't have the money for another candle

+

Sunlight on a rusty fire escape
Two flies loving
He is big insatiable gentle and still
She is small, insatiable, and sometimes
Too ecstatic
Has to rub her hands over her face...


And In Praise of Leisure, 34 page

...sat upon
The steps, and watched the air turn red and gold
And shadows lengthen, till the day was gone.
In silence, till he said, "It's beautiful",
We sat together...

+

And I could wish to live a such a height
As to know how this plant, alive and plain,
Surrenders color and symbol, and is white

+

I heard of one who had his case
Held up in court for years
In iron vaults they kept his face
And counted up the tears
He lost his lease and could not find
A street where he could stand
For every nook he had in mind
Contained another man

+

A story of Astoria
I tell you I could tell
The day the tea from Italy
Was beaten by Brazil


Interested? I will be posting information on how you an obtain this yummy stuff and a lot more!

Till then, vaca con Dies.
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment